Kerry Taylor Interview

Interview with author Kerry Taylor!

 1.What inspires you to write? 
At the moment, ideas pop into my mind all the time.  When, I am at the gym, in front of the television, at the supermarket even on the toilet ( I know too much information). Foremost, when I am at work and I think I hate this job so much, I need to write full-time.

2. Which author do you most aspire to be like?
HM Ward, is an indie inspiration at the moment to so many authors.  My heroine Jackie Collins, not sure I can aspire to be as great as her, but there is no harm in trying.  I love the idea of writing books and people enjoying them both men and women.  It is amazing the amount of men that love chick-lit, I had no idea.

3.      Who is your biggest supporter?
My boyfriend is at times, then at others my second son, my daughter is my least, she spends most of her time trying to sit on the laptop. Think I spend too much time on there.  Actually, since I published my first book in March, I have not advertised that I am a writer.


4.      Do you prefer cookies or ice cream?
Ice-cream wins hands down.

5.      What's your favorite summertime activity?
Relaxing at the beach and paddling in the sea. No, I still can’t swim. Skating in the park – I must perfect that this summer. Generally, just being outdoors and having fun with the kids. From throwing the frisbees to flying a kite.

6.      What made you want to become a writer?
I never wanted to be a writer, I have always written poetry.  I thought I would try my hand at writing romantic comedies and the more I read the more I write, it is like a disease, just too addictive.

7.      What's the hardest thing you've had to overcome about being an author?
I have started writing fiction and it is so hard to be a certain character. With chick-lit it is easy with the happy endings but the sad endings, I cry so many times.

8.      Do you like pull-over sweatshirts or zip-up jackets better?
Zip-up jackets – you got it flaunt it!

9.      What advice do you have for people who hope to become authors?
It is one of the hardest jobs in the world and you have to be prepared to work, it is not for the faint-hearted. If you can’t take rejection, criticism and hardship (lack of sleep) this is not the job for you.

10. Thank you! Is there anything else you'd like to say?

Life is what you make it – this is what I keep telling myself each and every day.  Whenever I feel like crap, I have to put this hat on, so I know if I want it to be better - I have to work that bit harder!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!