Author R. Lynn Interview!

Thank you to R.Lynn for agreeing to do this interview! Her answers are in fushia, and Tasha Nicole's questions are in black.

1. What is your full name?
Rebecca Lynn- nice to meet you. (I don't like using my full name becuase i think it sounds too country; "Rebecca-Lynn get your arse out to the barn and milk the cows." <--- see!)


2. How did you come up with the idea for Descendants?
Descendants was inspired by Basque mythology and in response to another book that had become very popular at the time i started writing Descendants. I didn't like the message this other book was giving young women- That men are the foundation for happiness and without one in your life you should become suicidal and depressed. Basque mythology was the perfect fit as it is female dominated. When you read the Descendants you will probably think I'm a feminist as it is a matriarchal society, the main villains and hero's are all women. Even the last names are female related, eg. Kai Aurora'son!

3. What is Descendants about?
The hidden message in Descendants is about making smart decisions in tough situations, that sex is a combination of physical, spirituality and emotions, not just body. And that when someone truly loves you they put you first. But the story is about a young girl who discovers what she was raised to believe isn't what really is, and that the future of life depends on her decisions.

4. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Probably gonna have to say tiger-tail(orange and black liquorish) However i pretty much love all things ice-cream!

5. What have you done over this summer?
I took my foster daughter and her little sister to Disneyland! I freaking love that place.

6. When did you start seriously writing?
 I don't know if i ever will start seriously writing! No but really, i started writing Descendants May 2010! And May 2011 had my offer to publish! I am so blessed, it usually doesn't happen this fast for people.

7. How many books have you written? published?
I have eight finished books, and three on the go. It takes me a month to write a 60,000-100,000 word book, but then comes editing. Which usually kicks my butt and takes so long! Descendants will be my first published book, but i do have books available to read for free online! I believe in giving to my fans/readers and will always have free books for them to read!

8. What is your makeup must have?
 Mascara, i'm a ginger, so without it i look like i have no eye lashes. *le sigh- the curse of red hair.

9. If you were an Elemental, what would be your power?
I would have to go with water. Ever since I was a little girl I would dream of being able to breathe under water. I love swimming and floating in water, i think it is one of the most relaxing things you can do.

10. Would you rather live in the Deep Kingdom, Atlanticus, or The Surface? Why?
Uh Altanticus! When you read book four you will understand. That place is crazy cool- well at least the version in my head is.

11. Thank you! Is there anything else you'd like to say, or any websites we should check out?
Of course, to learn about my other books check out www.rlynn.ca and also on facebook/twitter/youtube i am doing a kobo touch ereader give away- along with a bunch of other cool things. All you have to do is become a friend/fan on those sites to enter! Thanks for having me!
https://facebook.com/authorrlynn
http://twitter.com/authorrlynn
http://youtube.com/authorrlynn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!