Angelfire by Coutney Allison Moulton

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for this eARC :) Made me very very very happy :) 


Title: Angelfire


Author: Coutney Allison Moulton


Published February 15th 2011 by HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books


Goodreads summary:
This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action. 

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul. 

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once. 

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


My thoughts: 


Ellie seems to be your typical high schooler.  Well, that is until some of her nightmares start becoming reality.   She meets Will, the boy who seems to randomly pop up into her life, and yet she feels like she knows him from somewhere.  As it turns out, Will reveals Ellie's true past to her, and she learns that she is the Preliator, has been reincarnated for the past one thousand-something years, and her main job is to kill demonic reapers.  She must now learn to fill her role as the Preliator, and defeat "Enshi" before it destroys her soul. 


I ended up loving this book a lot more than I thought I would.  I really adored the writing and the characters.  Ellie was snarky, and read more like, well,  a real teenager would.  Will was... hot.  And I love him for his root beer float obsessions.  I love YA couples that can kick-butt together instead of someone just hiding in a corner.  All of the characters in general were all well developed and well written.  


This books is the perfect combination of humor, romance, action, and general awesomeness.  My only complaint I think is maybe some questionable plot points, but I think more will be revealed in the next book :) I also wouldn't have minded if Cadan was in it more ;)  For those who don't know who Cadan is, I we're probably in the same club.  He isn't in Angelfire too much, (maybe around 10 pages), but I can't help loving the mysterious guy.  He's coming in more in the next book, and I shall DEFINITELY add that to my TBR list :D 


Psstt you can also read the first 100 pages now! So go check it out here!


Overall: 4.5/5 stars :D  If you want to read some fresh original YA debuts, look no further than Angelfire! I will be eagerly anticipating the next book in this trilogy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!